GHMC ELECTIONS- 12 QUESTIONS FROM PEOPLE TO CANDIDATES
Montfort Social Institute (MSI) and Campaign for Housing And Tenurial Rights (CHATRI) released a pamphlet today to create public awareness on the real issues that the candidates of different political parties for the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections on 2 February should answer. A community level awareness was launched in the 60 slums in the City where MSI is working. The voters will seek answers ffrom candidates for the 12 questions below:
1. How will you address the terrible condition of PHC in your ward, especially its lack of infrastructure and hygiene? How will you make the health personnel accountable and transparent? How will you address the problems faced by patients,especially women?
2. How will you make the government schools work? What will you do to regulate private schools, especially their exorbitant fee structure?
3. How will you address the issue of regular water supply, and collection of excess cess?
4.What will you do to make Hyderabad a ‘zero eviction’ City? What will you do to provide the two bed room houses to all who are entitled to it as promised by the state Government?
5. What will you do to improve the infrastructure in Anganvaadi centres, and make them function optimally..
6. What will you do to protect the rights of street vendors and against harassment from public authorities?
7. How will you facilitate the police to be citizen friendly? How will you prevent cases of grave violations of human rights by the police forces?
8. Will you take bribes for doing your duty as an elected representative? What will you do to make Hyderabad a corruption free City?
9. Can you promise that you will not involve in land grabbing? And prevent others from doing so?
10. What will you do to nurture communal harmony and amity among people?
11. What will you do to make your Ward safe for Women and Children?
12. What will you do to protect the rights of the poor to the city – Land, Budget, Water and other resources?